- Potential themes to explore // *This list is not exhaustive and we welcome other topics too!
- Rethinking the UBC Sexual Assault Policy through an Asian Canadian Lens
- Reclaiming our Bodies: Asian identities/sexualities on screen (media portrayals)
- Sexual and relationship violence in Asian Canadian communities
- Queer Asian Canadians
- Healthy Asian masculinities
Solidarity w/in, across, outside of Asian Canadian/Asian diaspora communities
Check out http://acamdialogues.arts.ubc.ca/news/ for a refresher of our past events.
Deadline for submission is Monday, March 20, 2017
-If your piece is selected, we may contact you for edits.
- All submissions can be sent to email@example.com. Feel free to also email us with any questions that you may have.
The zine will be distributed to local nonprofits, libraries, and at various community events mostly within the UBC / Asian Canadian community. A downloadable version of the zine may be available online. The zine will be launched at the ACAM Dialogues symposium on Saturday, April 8th, 2017. Details to come. Please share widely. We look forward to reading your submissions!
This zine project is organized by the student committee of ACAM Dialogues: Extending the Conversation on Sexual Violence in Asian Communities on Campus and Beyond. ACAM Dialogues examine the intersections of race, gender, and violence, especially as they impact Asian student communities and open up spaces for students to share experiences and resources, build analyses, and discuss strategies of organizing against sexual and other forms of violence. The series will culminate in a public symposium in Spring 2017 to bring these conversations to a wider audience at UBC and beyond. For more information, please visit http://acamdialogues.arts.ubc.ca/